Abstract Submission is now closed
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts should contain the following four components:
- Background: a concise statement of the issue under investigation or a hypothesis;
- Materials & Methods: the experimental methods used (including the statistical analyses employed);
- Results: specific findings (promises such as “to be completed” or “to be presented” are not acceptable);
- Conclusions: a summary of findings that are supported by your results (statistical analyses used to support the conclusions, where appropriate, should be included; concluding statements such as “the results will be discussed” are not acceptable).
Please note that abstracts cannot be accepted if tables, graphs, grant acknowledgements or literature references are included. The maximum word count for the abstract body is 500 words.
Abstracts are considered official communications to the conference and will be treated confidentially. For those abstracts that are accepted, submitters agree to attend the meeting and present their abstract as scheduled.
Authors can submit their abstracts electronically until 20 August 2018 by using the submission button to the right of the screen. You will be redirected to the submission website. Please follow the step-by-step directions, which will enable you to upload the abstract. To ensure your abstract retains any special characters or formatting, the abstract must be in Microsoft Word format.
Categories for abstract submission
For purposes of review and programming, abstracts are divided into topical categories. Selection of the most appropriate category is important as it determines who reviews your abstract. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to reassign your abstract to a more appropriate category.
Topics for abstract submission
Selection of the most appropriate topic is important as it determines who reviews your abstract. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to reassign your abstract to a more appropriate category.
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Approved TB Drugs
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of New TB Drugs
- Population pharmacokinetics & pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling
- Drug development and optimization: approaches & tools
- Drug-drug and drug-disease state interactions
- TB treatment in special populations
Notification of abstract dispositions
Notifications of acceptance and format of presentation (oral or poster presentation) will be e-mailed to submitting authors early September 2018. It is the responsibility of the corresponding/presenting author to inform all co-authors of the abstract’s status. Please notify the Conference Secretariat if you have not received notification by the end of September.
If an abstract is accepted, one author is required to register for the conference and present the paper as scheduled. An Abstract Submitter’s Registration Form will be sent together with the notification to be used by the attending author to apply for the regular registration fee. Guidelines for preparing your oral and/or poster presentations will be sent after your abstract has been accepted.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book which will be distributed during the conference. Please note that the conference secretariat cannot be held responsible for any typing or language errors in the submitted abstracts as only the format of the abstracts will be changed and not the content.