Abstract Submission Portal is now CLOSED
Successful candidates will be invited for an oral or poster presentation and receive complimentary registration.
Categories for Abstract Submission
For purposes of review and programming, abstracts are divided into topical categories. Selection of the most appropriate category is important as it determines who reviews your abstract. The Program Committee reserves the right to reassign your abstract to a more appropriate category. Abstracts will be accepted either for oral or poster presentation.
Abstract(s) were submitted under one of the following categories:
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of approved TB drugs
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of new TB drugs
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling
- Drug development and optimization: approaches and tools
- Drug-drug and drug-disease state interactions
- TB treatment in Special Populations
Abstracts should contain the following four components:
- Background: A concise statement of the issue under investigation or a hypothesis
- Materials and Methods: The experimental methods used (including the statistical analyses employed)
- Results: Specific findings (promises such as "to be completed" or "to be presented" are not acceptable)
- Conclusions: A summary of findings that are supported by your results (statistical analyses used to support the conclusions, where appropriate, should be included; concluding statements such as "the results will be discussed" are not acceptable)
Please note: Abstracts cannot be accepted if tables, graphs, grant acknowledgements, or literature references are included.
The maximum word count for the abstract body is 500 words.
Abstracts are considered official communications to the conference and will be treated confidentially. For abstracts that are accepted, submitters agree to attend the meeting and present their abstract as scheduled.
Authors can submit their abstracts electronically using the button on the right that reads “Abstract Submission." You will be redirected to the submission website. Please follow the step-by-step directions to upload the abstract. To ensure your abstract retains any special characters or formatting, the abstract must be in Microsoft Word format.
We are pleased to offer free registration to young investigators with an accepted abstract and a 50% discount on the registration fee for young investigators without an accepted abstract.
IMPORTANT: Free registration is offered to the presenting author of the abstract only.
- Be 35 years of age or younger
- Be a current Master/PharmD/PhD student OR
- Have obtained a MD/PharmD/PhD degree in the last five years
An application form needs to be completed by a supervisor and received by the Expert Medical Events secretariat at least two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. Please click the following link to download the form: Young Investigators Form
Expert Medical Events will contact the young investigator with instructions regarding registration for the workshop once the application has been received.
Notification of Abstract Acceptance and Presentation Format
It is the responsibility of the corresponding/presenting author to inform all co-authors of the abstract’s status. Notifications of acceptance and format of presentation (oral or poster presentation) will be announced by the end of September. Please notify the conference secretariat if you have not received notification. If your abstract is accepted, one author is required to register for the conference and present the paper as scheduled. Guidelines for preparing your oral and/or poster presentations will be sent after your abstract has been accepted.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Abstract Book, which will be distributed during the conference. All abstracts will be published in the journal Reviews in Antiviral Therapy & Infectious Diseases. Please note that the conference secretariat cannot be held responsible for any typographic or language errors in the submitted abstracts as only the format of the abstracts will be changed and not the content.